So This Is Chicken Curry
So THIS is Chicken Curry! My experience with Chicken Curry before this involved canned cream soup, boiled chicken, water, and curry, served with a variety of toppings. No offense to the chef(s), but there's no comparison to this homemade version.
My husband gets credit for requesting this and it will definitely be going into our normal rotation. I couldn't find a recipe that I had all of the ingredients for, so I made my own based on what I had. I hope you enjoy as much as we did!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic. Sautés in oil until chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pot, add a little more oil, and sauté onion pieces until they're softened. Add garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken back in, along with all of the remaining ingredients (tomatoes, beans, lentils, coconut milk, curry, cumin, coriander, cardamom, and parsley). Seasoning can be adjusted to your personal taste.
- Allow to simmer until sauce is thickened, and lentils and beans are tender.
- Enjoy! I serve mine atop basmati rice, but it could completely be enjoyed alone.