Crispy Parmesan Chicken
I'm always on the lookout for quick, easy, tasty recipes that can become staples in my everyday meals. This is one such recipe. I can't believe how simple, easy, AND delicious it is! I've thrown it together several times when I was short on time, and it has yet to disappoint. It easily beefs up a salad, pairs lightens up a rice dish, or just adds a touch of deliciousness to anything else you want to serve it with. But enough talking...you just want the recipe. I know. I've been exactly where you are so many times. But hey, I'm required to use so many words so...take it up with Food Talk :D
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine panic, parmesan, paprika, a large drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. Place on one side of a baking sheet.
- Spread tops of chicken with sour cream. Mound with Panko mixture, pressing to adhere (no need to coat the undersides).
- Roast on middle rack until chicken is cooked through (approx. 15-20 minutes). Transfer chicken to a plate to rest.
- *Panko -- I have also used ground tortilla chips, or made my own breadcrumbs by toasting stale bread until crispy in the oven and then grinding. Each variation has been delicious!
- **Hot smoked Paprika -- I don't always have this on hand, but I've used ground chipotle pepper and that is also fabulous! Experiment and let me know what you favorite spice is!