Chocolate & Strawberry Crepes
Are you looking to change up your weekend brunch? Well, crepes are a great option to level-up your mornings! This recipe is incredibly easy to make and I can almost guarantee you that you already have everything needed in your pantry. If you want to make the recipe even more simple than it already is, you can skip making the chocolate sauce and use Nutella or your favourite nut butter for the filling. Please note that I doubled the chocolate sauce because I like to add a lot in my filling and more for a drizzle on top. If you don’t feel like you need so much, just halve the following ingredients to get the right amount of sauce.
- 3 crepes
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oat milk, vanilla and egg replacer together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until combined completely.
- On medium-low heat, use a small non-stick pan and scoop out about half of the mixture onto the pan with a ladle. Spread the batter evenly across the pan and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the edges of the crepe have dried. Flip the crepe and cook for a few more seconds. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Mix together the oat milk, cocoa, sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil while whisking the mixture constantly. When it is brought to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low and keep stirring for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the stove and add in the vanilla and vegan butter by stirring it in with the whisk.
- Spread chocolate sauce evenly on your crepes, keeping some room around the edges. Add in chopped strawberries or other fruits in a line down the middle and roll-up. Serve immediately.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go