So simply delicious and crunchy. Just sprinkle fresh chopped parsley for garnish.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Balsamic Chimichurri
How are you All doing? I hope you all are safe and healthy during this Holiday Season.
Who doesn't like potatoes?
There are so many delicious recipes made with potatoes from creamy mashed potatoes, french fries, scalloped potatoes, tater tots...and so many more. These are just to name you a few of my favorite potato dishes. Which is your favorite?
I tried lately one new recipe, that it is now my fave. Have you tried crispy smashed potatoes? They are not only crispy outside, still nice and soft in the center and so fun to make.
I got inspired buy one of my favorite instagram foodie friend Ileana from @healthytastybites to make this delicious dish. This goes perfectly with an amazing version of the traditional chimichurri: why not a tangy delicious balsamic chimichurri.
A few ingredients for the best Balsamic Chimichurri.
This Italian Soffritto dry mix adds a special kick to this sauce.
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
Crispy smashed potatoes
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Wash and clean the potatoes. Then cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes or until they feel soft when poking with a fork. Remove from heat, strain the water and pad dry each potato.
- Then, with a bottom of a glass smash each small potato softly but not to hard to avoid coming apart.
- In a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper, lay down the smashed potatoes. Drizzle or spray with olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and Trader Joe's Italian soffritto.
- Baked for about 10 to 12 minutes and then broil for 8 minutes to get that golden crunchy potato.
- They are ready to serve along side with the Balsamic Chimichurri and nice piece of grilled steak.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all the ingredients: Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped parsley and minced garlic, then seasoned with salt, pepper and the delicious and spicy Italian Soffrito mix.
- In case you don't find this soffritto mix, no worries. I got you covered. Simply add a tsp of dry oregano, a pinch of crush pepper and a pinch of dry onion. I promise this balsamic chimichurri is the perfect dipping sauce.