This hot beef stuffed bloomer is a great way of using leftovers from a roast dinner.
Leftover Beef Stuffed Bloomer
Fridge still full of leftovers from Christmas Dinner? If you're anything like me and you're a feeder, you probably cooked enough for 3 times more people than you had over on the big day and looking for different ways to use everything up now!
This over-the-top hot beef sandwich was the perfect thing for using up leftover roast beef, a crusty old bloomer and all the veg we had left in the fridge!
Making the sandwich is easy peasy, getting the whole thing in your mouth without Gravy dribbling all over your face.... More challenging!
Layers of hot beef, vegetables and rich gravy with punchy mustard and horseradish.
Take one crusty white bloomer
Scoop out the insides
Spread English mustard and horseradish sauce onto each side.
Fill with the hot beef and leftover vegetables.
Wrap in foil and bake until warmed through.
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until melted and add the onions.
- Leave the onions to simmer gently until softened, then add the sugar. Cook gently for 5 mins until caramelised and set the onions aside.
- Add the roast beef and the gravy to the pan and bring to a boil, then add the lid and simmer over a low heat for 15 mins.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Meanwhile, slice the bloomer in half horizontally and scoop out the bread from the middle.
- Spread the English mustard on one half of the bloomer and horseradish sauce on the other.
- Fill one half of the bloomer with the vegetables and the other half with the hot beef and a drizzle of the gravy.
- Add the caramelised onions on top of the beef then close the bloomer.
- Wrap the bloomer in tin foil and place in the centre of the preheated oven for 5-10 mins until heated through.
- Slice in half and serve!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go