(Snowy) Oreo Brownies
The icing sugar dusting and the white Oreos centre make this brownie recipe feel a little bit Christmassy - but make them all year round! They are a good ratio of goey centre to cake texture, and make the perfect present or afternoon treat. Based on my family's recipe, that is famous to all our families and friends., but adapted by adding rich and crunchy pieces of Oreo biscuits. You might want to double the recipe, they go super quickly in our house!
Whether or not you have a White Christmas or not this year, these brownies are the best way to bring a baking-style White Christmas!
- 10 Brownies
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Melt the butter in a bowl, then add the cocoa powder and stir well
- With an electric whisk, beat together the eggs and sugar for around 5 minutes, before combining it with the butter and cocoa mixture
- Gently fold the flour into the mixture
- Roughly chop the Oreos (keeping the pieces still quite big), and add 3/4 of them into the mixture, gently mixing it to distribute.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tray (I used 15 x 20 cm), and then scatter the rest of the Oreos over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking to make sure they don’t overbake. (For that gooey centre)
- Allow to cool completely (1-2 hours, if you can resist) before cutting into rectangles - it will give it much neater edges.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go