Sweet Potato Pizza
Super simple mid-week meal
Here is a crazy simple mid-week recipe for you all!
“Alla pizzaiola”means “pizza flavoured” in Italian, and typically refers to when you have meat with tomato sauce. I was thinking of what else I could transform into a pizza aside from meat, and the other night I came up with these baked sweet potatoes, which turned out to be a crowd-pleaser with the kids and husband. I’ll definitely be making them again myself, and I’m leaving you this easy recipe if you too need an idea for something low-fuss, delicious and also healthy. A win-win in my book.
- 4 people
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and prick it all over with a fork. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220 degrees in a roasting tin until tender (or almost there). That should take 45 to 50 minutes. They are ready when you stick your fork into the thickest part of the potato and you find no resistance.
- In a small bowl, mix the passata with the tomato paste and olive oil. Season with a little salt.
- Chop up/grate the mozzarella.
- When your potatoes are ready, take them out of the oven (don’t turn it off), half them lengthwise and pop them back into the baking dish, skin-side down. Top with the tomato mixture and the mozzarella. Sprinkle some oregano on top.
- Put them back in the oven with the grill functionality enabled (if you have it, if not don’t worry) and continue baking for 10 minutes until the mozzarella has melted and starts to bubble/darken. Serve hot and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go