Crispy Seasoned Baked Potato Rounds
5 (5 Reviews)
Potatoes are such a staple in so many households because of how versatile they can be! French fries, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, potatoes au gratin, tater tots, hashed brown…. and the list goes on! However one of my favorite ways to have potatoes is to slice them into thin rounds, season them and bake them so they are nice and crispy on the outside but still have some fluffiness to them on the inside. By slicing them into round circles rather than french fry shape, they are the perfect vessel for dip and can also make a perfect place of “potato” nachos! I like to add lots of seasoning to these potatoes so they are also delicious on their own. I snacked on these with some guacamole while watching Netflix and they were absolutely perfect!TIP:Feel free to use whatever potatoes you have on hand. I used a mix of red and yellow potatoes!I hope you enjoy them! For more recipes check out my blog: www.sweetescapekitchen.com
Serve with your favorite dip! I love them with guacamole!
First slice your potatoes into rounds.
Make sure they are all well covered in oil and seasoning.
Do not overcrowd your pan. You'll want to ensure there is space between the slices so they are able to crisp up.
Serve and enjoy!
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Thinly slice your potatoes. If you have a mandolin this would be a great time to use it to ensure uniform cooking time on all of your potatoes.
- Toss with olive oil and spices until all potatoes are coated well. Ensure both sides of the potatoes are coated in the seasoning.
- Line up a baking sheet with parchment paper and line up your potatoes. Do not overcrowd the pan. See picture above for how your potatoes should be arranged.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip your potatoes. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Broil for a few seconds to get them extra crispy but keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- Enjoy with your favorite dip!
- Feel free to add in any of your favorite go to spices -I think chili powder would make a great addition!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go