Clay Pot & whole Garam Masala plays the vital role to make this roasted Chicken extraordinary. The earthy flavours made it more tempting & scrumptious.
Clay Pot Roasted Chicken
This is a simple yet delicious chicken recipe made on Mati handi (Clay Pot). It's a traditional method of slow cooking on Clay Pot which enhances the taste as well as texture. Clay Cooking Pot is easily available in the market.....I still remember, in my childhood my grandmother prepare all the food in clay pot that makes simple dishes extra special & flavourful.
Serve piping hot with Steam Rice or any Indian bread of your choice. Check out the detail Recipe below!!!
And comment down your thoughts on the same, Would love to hear from you!!!!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 1 Hours|Cook time: 35 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 35 Minutes
For Roasted Chicken
- Wash chicken and strain all the water properly.
- Then add mustard oil, Turmeric powder, curd, Ginger Garlic paste, Garam Masala powder & Salt.
- Mix it all together & allow it to marinate for 1 hr.
For Roasted Chicken
- Heat a clay Pot, add 4 tbsp oil & allow it to heat.
- The add Jeera, Green Cardamom, Bay leaf, clove, whole black pepper& Cinnamon.
- Saute until it's aromatic, then add finely sliced Onions and caramelized it.
- Once onions are golden brown add ginger garlic paste and cook until raw smell goes.
- Then add Everest chicken masala, turmeric powder, Jeera powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder & salt.
- Give it a quick mix, add little warm water & cook until masala is perfectly done.
- Now add marinated chicken and mix it well with the masala. Don't add water, just roast the chicken well with the masala.
- Once Chicken is roasted properly, then add 1/2 cup of warm water and cook until chicken is tender.
- After 35 mins, chicken has perfectly cooked, gravy has started to thicken & oil also has started to separate.
- Then will add chopped tomatoes, cover and cook for another 5 to10 mins.
- After 10 mins, you can smell a nice earthy aroma from the chicken.
- Serve it hot with steam rice or any Indian bread.
- Make sure the onions are properly caramelized, as it adds texture & enhance the taste.
- I have used Kashmiri red chilli powder because it adds nice colour to the curry.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go