BBQ Korean Short Ribs
Korean short ribs (Miami ribs or Flanken) is all about the sauce and marinating the meat to tenderize it. Short ribs tend to be a tougher and fatter cut of meat. It's thinly cut right across the bones and as such, it cooks very quickly. In fact, you have to be careful not to burn or overcook them. Traditional recipes use a grated Korean pear to tenderize the meat and add some sweetness to the sauce. I didn't add one because I couldn't find a Korean pear, although I'm sure any pear would work fine. I think my sauce was a perfect balance of sweet and savoury on its own. Garnish your dish with black and white sesame seeds, sliced scallions, and serve with rice.
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 8 Minutes|Total time: 18 Minutes
- Put all of the ingredients into a large ziploc bag (except the scallions and sesame seeds) marinate for several hours in the fridge or overnight if possible.
- Make sure that the ribs are coated with the sauce.
- Pre-heat grill on high, grill 4 minutes per side, remove.
- Place on a serving platter and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go