Dry Rub Spicy Buffalo Wings
The holiday season is here and although these holidays may be a little different for most of us, we still need to eat, am I right? Alright, I know a lot of people’s New Years resolution typically is to get healthier so I have you covered with this recipe. These Buffalo wings are baked instead of fried, there’s no butter and I think they taste better than the fried ones. I doubt that you will miss the deep fryer because these bake just as crispy.
I’m a huge fan of Buffalo wings and my husband is an even bigger fan. We really enjoy the typical wet rub Buffalo wings but we LOVE the dry rub even more and we believe this recipe is better than any other dry rub wings we’ve tasted. My husband likes his wings extra crispy and that’s exactly how I bake them. If you’re not a huge fan of crispy wings, just take them out of the oven after they’re done baking but before they get too crispy.
The dry rub I used in this recipe is made from ingredients I use on a regular basis. The heat level varies depending on who I’m making them for. If you’re not a huge fan of spicy foods, just omit some of the chili seasonings. I also use Aleppo pepper in the recipe. Aleppo pepper is made from dried, coarsely ground Halaby chile peppers and is used much like crushed red pepper. Its named for Aleppo, a town in northern Syria, this spice is a staple in Middle-eastern cooking. My husband introduced this to me over 34 years ago. I can tell you from experience, Aleppo pepper that comes from Aleppo, where my husband is from, tastes much spicier and the flavor is better than what we get here in the States but it’s still very good, it’s still very spicy and we use it often. You can find the pepper in middle-eastern markets.
The dry rub will be enough to save for later. You will only be using some of it for this recipe. The rest you can store in a covered container. I keep mine in a Mason jar.
Thank you for stopping by.
If you’d like to see more of what I cook and love to do, please visit me at https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/
Alright, let’s get cooking!
- 16 Wings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
For the dry rub
For the wings
For the dry rub
- Combine all ingredients in a Mason jar with a lid.
- Secure lid, shake vigorously until all ingredients are well combined. You won’t be using all of this for the recipe, you will have plenty to save for later use.
- Can be stored for up to 6 months
For the spicy Buffalo wings
- Rinse chicken wings
- Pat dry
- Spray chicken with avocado oil spray or olive oil spray making sure all wings get coated with the oil.
- Sprinkle dry rub over chicken, use as much as you want. I used approximately 2 to 3 tbsp of the dry rub.
- Using your hands, rub the spices all over the wings ensuring every wing gets coated with the dry rub spices.
- Place chicken wings on a baking rack ensuring wings don’t touch. Place rack over a baking sheet or aluminum foil to catch any drippings while baking.
- Thoroughly wash your hands.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375° F oven for approximately 45 minutes. During the last 20 minutes of baking, turn the wings and continue baking until crispy.
- Serve with your favorite blue cheese or ranch dressing and carrot slices or even celery slices if you like. Enjoy!
- For an even healthier version, remove skin before rinsing and proceeding through the next steps.
- Garnish with chopped green onions if you like.