This is one of the easiest recipes you will every make. All levels of cooks will be successful making this recipe.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Have I mentioned just how much I love Cast Iron Skillet Cooking? I have recently started a subscription to Southern Cast Iron Magazine. And to say I love it would be an understatement. This Cheesy Chicken ad Rice Casserole recipe is right out of the Jan/Feb 2021 issue.
During the winter months, many of us live off of casseroles. They are my go to when all else fails. I have even made casseroles for Family Dinner Night and every one leaves happy and full. And sometimes with a little bit of leftovers.
If you haven't yet, you should check out sourtherncastiorn.com to find some incredible recipes.
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 28 Minutes|Total time: 43 Minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes. Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually, whisk in stock and cream until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in 1 cup cheese, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper until cheese is melted and sauce heat; stir in chicken, rice, peas, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, melted butter, and bread crumbs. Sprinkle onto casserole. Bake until topping is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- I didn't add the parsley.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go