Creamy Vegan & Gluten-Free Mushroom Pasta
Need an easy and healthy lunch, dinner or meal prep idea? This Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta is a great one-pot pasta recipe using one of my favorite plant-based pastas, Banza Chickpea pasta. I love the umami and hearty taste of the mushrooms. Whether you are vegan or maybe have been interested in trying vegan, this is the dish to make! It has the hint of cheesiness without the dairy, of course. The pasta is super simple to make and you can use any of your favorite shaped pasta too! Adding fresh herbs to the dish makes the pasta extra flavorful.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Follow the instructions of how to cook the pasta. I cook mine for a minute less than instructed as I like my pasta al dente. I prefer chickpea and lentil pasta over rice and corn pasta. It holds its shape better.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare all the ingredients.
- Once the pasta is cooked al dente, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In the same pot, bring to medium high heat and melt butter. Add onions, garlic, mushroom, spices, arrowroot starch and nutritional yeast.
- Then add the vegetable stock and almond milk.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the pasta back in the pot and stir together.
- Garnish with oregano, black pepper, red pepper. Then ready to serve!
- You can also add tomatoes and spinach if you are looking for more veggies!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go