Two Flavors Butter Cookies
Buttery with a good snap, the base dough for this cookie allows for a variety of flavour combinations.
We decided to pair sweet potato powder with almonds for a mild and earthy cookie, and candied ginger for a sharper flavour profile, which means we used the recipe twice to make two batches.
Some other combinations we were considering to do include a classic chocolate flavour, which would use cocoa powder, matcha, a more Christmas-sy cookie using cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger powders, and a pistachio cookie (any type of nut works in this case).
This cookie dough can be frozen, do take it out half an hour before you want to slice and bake.
For other recipe ideas please visit my IG: olivia_homecook
- 70 Cookies
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
For the cookie dough
For cookie flavors
- Beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy, reduce the speed and add the egg, beat for another 30 seconds.
- Fold in sifted flour, salt and baking powder and add vanilla. Mix it well.
- Split the dough into two, then add the flavoring. The first one is: ground ginger, chopped candied ginger and chopped dried orange. The second: sweet potato powder and slivered almonds. Mix it well.
- Roll each dough into round or square shape, wrap with aluminum foil or cling wrap and keep refrigerated for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F or 175°C. Prepare the baking trays lined with baking sheet.
- Take the cookie dough out from the fridge and slice to about ⅓ inches or 7mm, then place onto the tray and bake it for about 12-15 minutes
- Take out from the oven and let the cookies rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.