Shrimp Teriyaki Shanghai Noodles
Sweet, tangy, delicious savory comfort food. These noodles are my absolute favourite comfort food when i'm craving asian cuisine. I love to experiment with asian flavours and dishes because I find there is room for personal touch. For example, you can add whatever vegetables you like or make it with chicken, beef, or shrimp. You can even leave it without any added protein and it would still be so delicious! This recipe is also easy to make which makes it the perfect weeknight dinner and its kid approved by my nine year old sister who gets so excited every time I make this dish for dinner!
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- Start by cooking the shanghai noodles. Follow the instructions on the pack. These noodles typically don't take long to cook, about five minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, begin to prepare the vegetables and shrimp. I use frozen veggies to make my life easier and chop fresh scallions and garlic.
- If you are using uncooked shrimp, cook those first in a large hot pan. If you are using cooked shrimp like myself for convenience then you can add the shrimp and veggies together in a hot pan and saute them all together with 3-4 tsp of teriyaki sauce.
- Once the noodles are done cooking drain them and add them to the veggies and shrimp.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and teriyaki sauce and mix everything together until you have reached the desired color for the noodles. I tend to add more soy sauce as I go. Be sure to continuously taste and add more of what you think you need!
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds for an extra delicious finishing touch!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go