Chocolate Pb Protein Pancakes (Gluten + Dairy Free)
Who likes fluffy pancakes?! Who likes high-protein breakfasts!? Well, this one is for you! These protein pancakes are packed with protein and are amazingly fluffy! Not to mention... peanut butter chocolate flavored!
The secret to making these fluffy is to separate out the egg whites from the yolk, and to whip up the egg whites until they form soft peaks. I've done this by hand, and though it's doable, it's a total arm workout! If you have an electric beater, I recommend using it to whip the egg whites - it's a lot quick and easier!
The yolks get mixed with mashed banana, baking powder, salt, and chocolate peanut butter protein powder - making this recipe a 5-ingredient recipe!! Who doesn't love those?!
One thing to note, the protein powder I used was chocolate peanut butter flavored, but you can use whatever flavor you have on hand. Have vanilla protein powder? Make vanilla protein pancakes! They will be just as delicious!
Nutritional information for this recipe will vary based on the protein powder you use, and the size of your banana. Below is the nutritional information when using a protein powder that has 130 calories and 19g of protein per 40g; and a 125g banana.
For all four pancakes:
- 4 Pancakes
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- In two clean bowls, separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Soft peaks are defined as barely keeping their shapes when you lift the whisk / egg beaters.
- In the egg yolk bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and combine until it is a smooth consistency.
- Fold in half of the egg whites, and roughly combine; then fold in the rest of the egg whites and mix just enough until everything’s combined. At first it will look like it won't all mix together, but I promise it will, just keep working it!
- Heat a skillet over low heat, and using 1/4c scoop the mixture into the pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you can make multiple at once.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and cook for 60-90 seconds on one side and then flip. Cook on the opposite side until its browning and cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate, stack them up and then top with your favorites!! I went to melted peanut butter... DELICIOUS!!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go