Bok Choy Tips Kimchi
If you are a kimchi addict, you may want to try this untraditional kimchi made from bok choy tips! It has a slightly bitter taste and a crunch that goes so well with any meal, but especially the fatty greasy kind like Korean BBQ or burgers. This kimchi is on the drier side because it does not use rice vinegar or gochujang in the marinade, just gochugaru. Daikon, carrot, and ginger add even more satisfying crunch and bite. Most kimchis come together within a month (sitting at room temp for a few days before moving to the fridge for a longer ferment to develop flavor), so make sure to prep this in advance!
- 1 Cups
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 24 Hours|Total time: 24 Hours 30 Minutes
- Wash, trim, and cut the bok choy tips in half. These tend to have a lot of dirt, so be very thorough washing.
- Salt the clean choy overnight to draw out the water.
- Rinse the bok choy tips thoroughly.
- Make the marinade: add all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Wearing gloves, toss the choy with the marinade until well combined.
- Place neatly in a glass container and ferment at room temp for 3 days.
- Move to fridge and ferment additional 3 weeks. Enjoy as a side!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go