General Tao Crispy Tofu and Shrimp
I'm not a huge fan of Tofu, but if it is crispy I find I am enjoying it more and more. I started making this dish with just tofu, which is perfectly fine, but my husband enjoys the shrimp a lot, so I decided to combine them. It worked out really well and made the final outcome so delicious. It is entirely up to you to use one or both proteins. This has now become one of my favorite meals for my family and I hope that you enjoy it too. Here is a little secret, I made the tofu in the air fryer and then tossed it in the wok with the rest of the ingredients.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- * Press tofu with heavy object for 20 minutes to remove moisture. Then cut into cubes, put in bowl, toss with seasoning and corn starch add to air fryer on high for 20-25 minutes until crispy. Once ready set aside.
- * Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients- soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine (mirin), sriracha, toasted sesame oil, brown sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl or measuring jar. Whisk or shake to combine together. Set aside.
- * Heat the oil in a wok on medium high heat.
- * Add the red chilies, garlic and ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
- * Then add the diced peppers, onion and Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- * Add cooked shrimp, tofu and nuts mix around to heat through.
- * Add the prepared sauce and mix. It will thicken immediately. If it doesn’t make a slurry with cornstarch and water and add to sauce to thicken it.
- Serve over rice
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go