3-Ingredient Nutella Snowflake
3-ingredient Nutella Snowflake
If you don't keep a box of frozen puff pastry in your freezer at all times, you are really missing out! It can be used for so many things that look incredibly fancy, and are incredibly easy to make! Take this Nutella Snowflake for example. Two sheets of puff pastry, rolled out into large circles, Nutella schmeared in between the layers, and brushed with an egg wash. Okay fine, this one is 5 ingredients, because I added sugared almonds on top, but this is totally optional! Think of all the things you could put in there! Sweet or Savory! Any kind of jam or softened fruit, olive tapenade, pesto, sun-dried tomato spread, the options are endless! For a savory version, shower the top with parmesan cheese & fresh herbs instead of powdered sugar!
Let it snow powered sugar, and lots of it!
Perfect with a cup of Christmas cheer!
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. You still want the pastry to be cool. Warm pastry will not perform well when baked.
- Roll out one sheet of pastry slightly larger, enough to cut out a large circle, about the size of a dinner plate, about 11-12 inches.
- Roll and cut out second sheet of dough to match first.
- Spread one sheet of pastry with Nutella or other filling, leaving a 1/2" border around the whole edge.
- Place second sheet directly on top and press edges together firmly.
- Find a small cup, about 2" and place in center of the circle as a guide. Start by cutting the circle in fourths, then cut each fourth into 8 pieces. Take 2 pieces in your hand, and twist them toward each other 3 times, pinching the ends together. Repeat with remaining pairs of dough pieces.
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tsp water and brush on top of snowflake. (You will not need all of this egg wash)
- Mix egg white with sugar and almonds, and spread on top of snowflake. (Strain out the excess egg white. You just want the almonds coated in egg white and sugar.)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400º until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Be sure to check out my video on Instagram reels to see exactly how easy it is to put together! (See link below)
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go