Roll dough into balls and coat with cinnamon sugar. Flatten slightly.
Ginger Molasses Cookies
My favorite time of year, Christmas baking!!! There are so many fun things to make during this season. While taste testing, I always say to myself “these are sooo good, why don’t I make these year round??” But really, only getting these goodies once a year is what makes Christmas baking so fun. I usually bake throughout the whole month of December and freeze everything until our Christmas celebrations start. But ya know, it’s 2020 and it has been a weird year. Christmas is in five days and I just started my baking today😔 With limited celebrations, I won’t be making as many goodies this year.. But if there’s one goodie you need for Christmas, it is definitely these! I make them every year and they’re always a favorite!
Let cool completely.
Dip into almond bark and top with sprinkles.
- 20 Cookies
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 8 Minutes|Total time: 28 Minutes
For the cookies:
For the coating:
For the decorating:
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugars, egg, butter, vanilla, and molasses. Add in spices, baking soda, and flour until just combined.
- Scoop cookie dough and roll into balls. Mix together your cinnamon and sugar topping and roll each ball into it until coated.
- Place on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the cookies are crinkly.
- Once cooled and ready to dip, microwave the almond bark in a small bowl until melted and place that bowl on top of boiling water. This is to prevent the almond bark from hardening.
- Dip half of each cookie into the almond bark then top with sprinkles!