Christmas Candy Cane Cookie Kisses
December is the month of the cookie 🙌🏻 I love making cookies and other sweet treats during the holiday season. I can’t recall where I got the recipe but it was online last year and there are so many recipes out there for these cookies. I’ve modified it a little and so can you if there’s something else you want to add or omit. Either way, these cookies are easy, fun and they taste delicious. I guarantee they will be eaten fast!
The Hershey’s candy canes kisses come out during the holidays and they sell out fast so make sure you pick up a few bags if you plan on making them. I guarantee if you love peppermint and white chocolate or even if you’re not a fan of white chocolate, like me, you will love these. The cookies are a soft and chewy sugar cookie and their texture is perfect for holding a lovely white chocolate candy cane kiss in the center. The trick to ensuring the kisses hold their shape and don’t melt is to press them immediately in the center of the cookie then pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes. The kisses will solidify and hold their shape nicely.
Candy canes cookies kisses are perfect if you want to gift them too because they package nicely and they look so pretty and festive. They get rolled into a ball and tossed in granulated sugar before going into the oven. You can add food dye to the granulated sugar to make them even more festive. I prefer to leave mine white and see the bits of the chopped candy canes kisses peaking through.
I do recommend if you make these, to have all your candy kisses pealed and ready to use. You will be working fast so you can get the cookies into the freezer immediately after placing the kisses on top of the cookies. Ensure you have made space in your freezer too for your cookie sheet. Depending on the size you make, you can get 25 to 30 cookies.
Alright, let’s get baking!
If you’d like to see more of what I love to do please visit me on IG at https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/
- 25 Cookies
- Prep time: 25 Minutes|Cook time: 11 Minutes|Total time: 36 Minutes
For the cookies
For the cookies
- In a large stand up mixer bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter and using the whisk attachment, whisk until fluffy then add the egg and the vanilla. Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the ingredients and until they’re all well blended. The mixture will be a little crumbly, it’s okay. Once you shake it, it comes together nicely. Stir in the chopped kisses using a spoon.
- Shape the dough into 3/4 to 1-inch balls then roll in granulated sugar and place the balls of dough 1-inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350° oven for 11 minutes or until set. Mine baked perfectly at 11 minutes, depending on your oven, they may bake faster or slower.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, press the candy kiss into the center of each cookie. They' may crack a little around the edges, it’s okay or you can use your fingers to hold the cookie together while you set the kiss.
- Immediately place the cookies into the freezer for 15 minutes so the kisses can set quickly.
- Store in a covered container for up to one week or 2.