Beautiful and delicious
Gingerbread Snowflake Cookies
These GingerBread cookies ❄️ have been a complete success !
They are very easy to make and so delicious 😋 plus you will have a lot of fun baking with family and friends . They are also a great option if you want to give as a gift 💝.
I chose the snowflake shape , but feel free to use any shape you like ! One important tip is to put the butter in the freezer for 30 minutes before starting the recipe , that will help you to avoid the dough melting quickly while you cut the cookies .
The recipe shared is vegan but for the non vegan recipe you just have to change the following ingredients :
Vegan butter by normal butter
Vegan yolk/whites by normal eggs
I hope you enjoy it!
Please visit and follow my instagram profile for more delicious recipes: https://www.instagram.com/cynthia_homemade
Happy baking !
Check the tips at the end :)
Great to give as a gift too!
Wonderful baking activity for family and friends
- 36 Cookies
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Hours|Total time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
For the cookies
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside
- Place all biscuits ingredients in a mixer and mix until well combined
- Knead the dough with the mixer for 1 minute
- 'Transfer the gingerbread dough onto a floured surface and knead into a ball. Place dough into a large bowl and cover with plastic warp. Place dough into the refrigerator to fill for 1 hour
- Roll out the chilled dough between 2 pieces of baking paper to approx. 4mm in thickness. remove top layer of baking paper , then cut the gingerbread into the desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Transfer biscuit shapes onto the baking trays , and then bake for 8-10 minutes ( 180 C) or until they are slightly browned . Cooking time will vary depending on the size and shape of your biscuits
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes , then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely
For the icing
- Place icing sugar and vegan egg white and mix with the mixer for 10 seconds until you get a good consistency ( no liquid)
- Transfer icing into a piping bag with a think nozzle and decorate the biscuits as desired . Serve biscuits one the icing is set ( about 30 minutes )
- 30 minutes before starting recipe, put the butter in the freezer which will help you to avoid the dough melting quickly while you cut the cookies .
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go