Spaghetti With Quick Lemony Marinara
Bright and unexpected, using ingredients you probably already have on hand; this lemon marinara is a treat and a welcome change from your basic marinara sauce.
If you’ve ever watched America’s Next Top Model (which I used to, religiously) you’ve heard the phrase “but make it fashion”. It’s Tyra’s go to. Blank, but make it fashion. My version of that phrase is “but make it lemon”. Take anything in the world, basically and add lemon to it, and then add a little bit more lemon and then I’m satisfied. I’m not sure where I found this recipe, or if I made it up myself. I do know that I’ve been making it for more than a decade, and if it’s a recipe that I found somewhere, I’d love to know where so that I could find the person who wrote it and give them a giant hug for giving me one of my favorite recipes. It’s a little unexpected, and the lemon zest just brightens up the tomato sauce, and pairs perfectly with copious amounts of fresh grated parmesan cheese. It’s my ultimate comfort food, and one of the few recipes that I always have all of the ingredients on hand for. If you like a lemon, give this one a try.
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
Spaghetti with Quick Lemony Marinara
- Boil a large pot of water, and cook noodles to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil, shallot and garlic to a cold pan, and add the crushed red pepper. Turn the heat to medium high, and cook until garlic becomes fragrant (about a minute). Once you can smell the garlic, add the can of crushed tomatoes and the lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Let the marinara simmer gently while the pasta cooks.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, throw it in a bowl, add the sauce and a bunch of parmesan cheese, and your dinner is done in less than 20 minutes!