The fresh pomegranate seeds already make this dish look so appetizing.
Pomegranate Avocado Tuna Salad
I never thought that a basic tuna salad could look pretty, but I must admit that this is the prettiest tuna salad I have seen. Fresh pomegranate is one of my favorite fruits to eat, they are so delicious and so beautiful. The pomegranate seeds look like little jewels and instantly make any dish look so appetizing. The other day I was making a simple tuna salad for lunch, and thought that I would add in some of the pomegranate seeds for some extra sweetness and crunch. It was delicious and I will definitely be making this one again! I substituted some of the mayo with avocado and it was the perfect balance of creaminess without being too heavy.
I like to add a variety of flavors and textures to my tuna salads.
Give all of the ingredients a good mix and you have a perfectly gorgeous tuna salad!
I decided to serve mine as an open faced sandwich on some seeded toasted bread with a leaf of lettuce.
If you don’t love tuna this would work equally well with chicken.
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Minutes|Total time: 11 Minutes
- Drain one can of tuna and add it to a medium size bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients plus a squirt of lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Give everything a good stir until evenly incorporated.
- Serve on toast, with your favorite crackers or as a filling for lettuce wraps.
- You can substitute the tuna for chicken or even leftover turkey.