CHOCOLATE SNOWBALL COOKIES (gluten Free, Dairy Free + Low Glycemic!)
These cookies are SO freaking good. They melt in your mouth, and are so chocolatey! There's only 6 ingredients involved, and only 50 calories per cookie. So basically, these are the BEST holiday cookies! I made them late last week and they’re already gone - need to make more STAT. Lucky me (& you!) they’re super easy to make.
Gluten free and dairy free as always, and also sugar free because I used powdered monkfruit sugar. For those that aren't familiar, monkfruit sugar is a zero calorie, zero glycemic sweetener. I promise it's actually sweet, and doesn't have an after-taste like some other zero calorie sweeteners. It's a one-to-one substitute for regular sugar, and is definitely my go-to. Great for diabetics, and those doing low-carb or low-sugar diets. My favorite brand is Lakanto, and you can order it off Amazon if you can't find it in the stores - click here for a link.
This recipe also calls for dark chocolate chips, and I used Lily's Dark Chocolate baking chips. Lily's chocolate chips are stevia-sweetened so they are low in sugar and carbs as well! You can find them here.
Nutrition Info per cookie; full recipe makes 9 cookies
Please note, if you use alternative ingredients and/or brands for this recipe, the nutritional information will change.
- 9 Cookies
- Prep time: 25 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Whisk together the cocoa powder, powdered monk sugar and salt.
- Stir in the egg whites and vanilla until everything is mixed together thoroughly - the batter will be thick and sticky. It took me a little bit to work it all together.
- Once all mixed, let it sit at room temperature for 20 mins, so that the dough rests for a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray the paper lightly with cooking spray.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a bit of the dough, roll it into a ball, and pop it on a baking tray - I was able to get 9 cookies out of my batter. Press some chocolate chips on the top (you could also mix them into the batter earlier).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, and let the cookies cool completely before removing from the tray.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered monkfruit sugar, and TASTE!!!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go