Easy and Healthy Chicken Tikka Masala
Here's an easy and healthy spin on a traditional Indian dish: Chicken Tikka Masala. This version of Chicken Tikka Masala fits a Candida, Gluten-Free and Whole 30 diet, and if you sever it as is (without any rice) it fits a Paleo diet too!
I totally get that an Indian dish may seem a bit intimidating. Even as a “trained” chef, I still get a little intimated by Indian cuisine, but I’ve become a pro at simplifying things and this dish is no different. I’ve recreated this Indian dish in a quick and healthy way without sacrificing flavor. And I promise you, this dish is totally doable for even the novice chef.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
For the chicken:
For the sauce:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, cumin and paprika. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes, or until fully cooked.When the chicken is finished baking, let sit for about 5 - 10 minutes to let cool. Once you can handle it, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Now heat a large saucepan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions, garlic and fresh ginger and a pinch of sea salt. Sauté or 1 - 2 minutes.
- Next add the chopped chicken, garam masala, cumin, paprika and turmeric and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes more, stirring everything together to make sure the spices are distributed evenly.
- Now add the coconut milk and tomato sauce and give it a quick stir. Reduce heat to medium low and cover with a fitted lid. Let simmer for about 5 minutes to combine.
- Add the fresh spinach, give it a quick stir and let simmer for 1 - 2 minutes more
- Serve with brown rice or Paleo Rolls for a grain free option.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go