Christmas Morning Egg Bake
One of my favourite memories of the holidays is enjoying a big breakfast with my family. Eggs, bacon, hash browns...the whole shebang. This was also one of the only times we got the fancy orange juice from the carton and it was a BIG deal in our house!!
As a brand new mama, I definitely do not have time to cook all the components of a breakfast buffet so behold this one dish egg bake!
This dish is all kinds of delicious - full of tender eggs, crispy hash browns and bacon, a great mix of vegetables and all topped with cheese. Let this hang out in the oven while you're opening gifts & enjoy this tasty breakfast with your loved ones this holiday season.
- 9 slices
- Prep time: 25 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease 9 X 9 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, crumble into bite sized pieces and place in prepared baking pan.
- In the same frying pan, place potatoes and cook over medium high heat until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Then place in vegetables and seasonings and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes until tender crisp. Remove from frying pan and place along with the bacon in prepared baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, mayo and milk until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour over potatoes, vegetables and bacon in your prepared pan.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes covered in foil. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes until browned. You can always broil on low for an extra crispy cheesy top!
- Serve warm and enjoy!