Asparagus Lemon Pasta
So, this is an unpopular opinion, buuuttt... I’m not a huge pasta fan. I don’t mind it, but I don’t think it’s something I ever really crave 🤷♀️ But I found myself pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this dish as it came together! The sauce is creamy but not too heavy, and has a nice tang from the lemon. And although I served it warm, I think it would taste just as fantastic cold. And it whips up quickly- perfect for a weeknight dinner!
I hope you love this as much as my I did, even with my ‘meh’ attitude towards pasta 😉
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Boil 8oz of the bow-tie or penne pasta until softened. While it cooks, chop the 10-12 asparagus spears in 1 inch sections, and dice your 1/2 an onion.
- In a large frying pan, melt the 2 Tbsp of butter on medium heat, and cook the onions and asparagus for about 5 minutes until they start to soften. Add 1 Tbsp of Minced Garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of Chicken Broth, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp Dried Thyme, 1 cup Ricotta Cheese, and the juice of 2 lemons. Pour over the onion and asparagus mixture, and let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fully softened.
- Add in the cooked pasta and 1 cup of chicken. Then sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go