Gingerbread Oat Bars
What do you get when you combine a gingerbread man and an oatmeal cream pie in an easy-to-make dessert? These Gingerbread Oatmeal Bars with Cinnamon Cream cheese frosting!
I was so excited at how these turned out- especially considering I’m not a huge gingerbread fan. But it makes all the difference when it’s paired with this frosting and mixed in with some oats in a chewy bar form 👌🏻
This dessert is definitely easy to whip up, and I bet you already have most, if not all of these ingredients already on hand.
I hope you’ve loved these recipes during this holiday season as much as I love sharing them!
- 12 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the 1 cup of Brown Sugar, 1 1/4 cup melted Butter, and 1/2 cup of Molasses. Mix for a few minutes, then add 2 eggs and beat again.
- Now add the 2 cups of Flour, 1 tsp Baking Soda, 1 tsp Baking Powder, 1 tsp Salt, 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger, and 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves. Mix thoroughly. Fold in the 2 1/2 of Old Fashioned Oats.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let your bars cool for about 15 minutes while you prep the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. With an electric mixer, beat together the softened 3 Oz cream cheese, 3 Oz of butter, 2 Tbsp of milk,1 tsp Vanilla Extract, and 1/2 tsp Cinnamon. Then add the 1 1/3 cups of powdered sugar, a little bit at a time. Spread over cooked down bars. Enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go