Christmas Granola - Spiced White Chocolate & Cranberry
Christmas is almost here...
If you are looking for a new breakfast idea for around Christmas, this easy Granola recipe is perfect! I wanted to create something that was a bit lighter than some granolas, because there can be so many other heavy foods around Christmas, so whipped aquafaba is what gives the crunch in this recipe. The sweetness of the white chocolate is perfect with the tart cranberry’s, and the nutmeg, cinnamon and mixed spice bring all the cosy winter flavours. This recipe is nut free, but if you want to add some, I think hazelnuts or almonds would work perfectly!
- 1 Jar
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Measure out the oats into a bowl, and mix with the mixed spice, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the aquafaba until it forms peaks, and stays put when the bowl is turned upside down. This could take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the whipped aquafaba and honey to the oats, and mix together well.
- Spread the mixture evenly across a baking tray, and bake for 25 minutes, turning over the mixture and turning the tray in the oven halfway through. Be careful to keep watching it to make sure it doesn’t burn
- Take it out the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the white chocolate into small chunks.
- Add the cranberries and white chocolate to the granola once it has cooled (to stop the chocolate melting), and mix together. Store in your favourite jar, or put into sweet bags to give as presents!