Cream together 1/2 cup of softened butter with 1 cup of sugar.
Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins
I used to love going to the mall when I was little and stopping at the bakery outside the Jordan Marsh department store for blueberry muffins to bring home. They were always so delicious!
I wrote down this recipe years ago, after they closed down and the Jordan Marsh baker revealed his secret recipe...remember writing down recipes??!
Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract; beat until fluffy.
In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Alternate adding the dry ingredients with 1/2 cup of milk to the butter mixture with your mixer on a low speed.
Toss 2 cups of blueberries with flour to lightly coat the berries. You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries to make these muffins.
Fold the flour coated blueberries into the batter gently.
Scoop the blueberry muffin batter into prepared muffin pan. I suggest using paper liners for this recipe.
Sprinkle sugar onto the tops of the muffins.
Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 25-30 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove muffins to wire cooling rack.
- 12 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease muffin cups or use liners.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; mix until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt; stir to combine.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and the milk to the butter mixture.
- Toss blueberries in a little flour and fold them into the batter.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Spoon the extra sugar on top of muffins.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 min
- I suggest using muffin liners for this recipe.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go