Get yourself a slice of...pancake? Here's a cafe display-worthy pancake dessert to shake up your routine. With some fresh, colourful adornments, these humble pancakes are bound to impress!
Between the two pancakes you can sandwich in your choice of chocolate hazelnut spread, jam, peanut butter, and so forth.
You can also make a big batch in advance, just store in the fridge and cover well with cling wrap to prevent the pancakes from losing their moisture.
Swap out the yoghurt with whipped cream or ice cream if you want to go to the sweeter end of the spectrum, whatever floats your boat.
For other recipe ideas, please visit my IG: olivia_homecook
- 2 Portions
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients, set aside.
- Then separately in a large bowl, place and mix all the dry ingredients, make a well in the center then add the wet ingredients, whisk until incorporated.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over low to medium heat and brush it with butter or canola oil. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan, spread it gently with the back of the measuring cup.
- When the underside of the pancake is golden and bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancake with a spatula.
- When the pancake is done, set aside and let it cooled down.
- Spread nutella over the pancake then place another pancake on top. Cut it into 8 pcs and prop them up on the plate.
- In the centre of the plate add the vanilla yoghurt or whipped cream then top it with blueberry jam or any jam you like.
- You can add sliced fruits or mixed berries as topping