Pumpkinseed Oil Cake With Cream-cheese Frosting 🍂🍁🍂
Even though Autumn is over, incorporating pumpkin into dishes is my all time favorite go-to! Have you ever tried using pumpkinseed oil?? No? Me neither !! So I thought I’ll give it a try and I was surprised how good it is! This recipe is also not too sweet which makes the combination with the frosting even better! You can totally leave it out but I highly recommend it. The batter consists out of pumpkinseed oil, grounded pumpkin seeds and of course all the common cake ingredients. You will find the recipe below. So give it a try and welcome autumn with this fantastic cake. I found this recipe @mehl_reise myself and I can highly recommend it.
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 60 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
For the batter
For the frosting
For the batter
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs first and then slowly add flour, baking powder.
- Add cream and mix until soft batter.
- Part the batter and add the oil and the pumpkin seeds to the one half.
- Alternate adding the batters into the sprayed cake pan and put into the oven for 60 min at 180 degrees.
- Let cool down and if desired top with cream cheese frosting and chopped pumpkin seeds.
- Mix Cream cheese and icing sugar and put on (cooled) cake. Top with chopped pumpkin seeds.
- Put into the fridge for the frosting to set.
- You can find pumpkin seed oil in Lidl at the moment.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go