These raw vegan cookies are all about texture. Between the buttery tahini, sesame seeds, and almond crumbles they are simply bursting with crunch!
Raw Vegan Tahini Cookies
As the holiday season draws upon us it’s hard not to feel the spirit. In honor that I wanted to share this yummy “Raw Vegan Tahini Cookie” recipe with you.
Lightly sweetened with honey or agave, they are not overwhelming to the palate.
The chocolate filled center adds a special note as it melts in your mouth and blends with the tahini butter. Jeeze, this sounds like porn. I’m going to stop now. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 5 Cookies
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
For the cookies:
- In a food processor, grind up almonds until they have broken into large crumbs. Then add tahini and grind until the mixture starts to ball up.
- Turn out into a mixing bowl and season with sweetener to your taste preference. Add one pinch of sea salt.
- Pour sesame seeds into a bowl. Roll 1 inch chunks into balls and dredge in the sesame seeds.
- Using your finger, press a small hole into the center of each cookie half way through to make room for chocolate filling. Set aside in the freezer to help firm up the cookies.
For the Chocolate Filling:
- While the cookies are setting, melt coconut oil in a saucepan. Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and sweetener. Wisk until syrup is formed. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate into the hole of each cookie.
- Place completed cookies in the fridge to allow to firm for a final time.
- These cookies are best enjoyed right out of the refrigerator.
- For longer storage place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go