5 Minute Eggnog Chia Pudding
Chia pudding is one of my favorite snacks to make because 1) it takes less than 5 minutes & 2) in just 2 tbsp is 4 gm protein and 11 gm fiber! Chia seeds are a great source of energy in fact, the Aztecs used to use chia seeds for a natural source of energy without a crash. I'm cutting back on coffee these days so trying to get any energy I can from my food!
Chia pudding is incredibly simple: take 1/4 cup chia seeds and put in a mason jar with 1 cup liquid (I used light eggnog here). Mix well and refrigerate overnight with a CLOSED LID. That's it! I try to make a couple each week just to have on hand & am loving experimenting with different Christmas flavors!
For more recipes follow @nutritiousnicole_rdn on Instagram
Work with a registered dietitian coach to meet your health goals at www.nutritiousnicole.com
- 1 pudding
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 3 Hours|Total time: 3 Hours 5 Minutes
Eggnog Chia Pudding
- Pour eggnog and chia seeds into mason jar
- Cover with lid and shake jar until well mixed
- Place in fridge overnight or for 2-3 hours
- Enjoy out of the mason jar or pour into a bowl to eat!
- 1 cup any liquid works well. It must be liquid so the chia seeds can soak up and expand into the pudding form
- Feel free to add sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, etc. to your preference
- This recipe will not work if the chia seeds are not properly covered with a lid
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go