Eggnog White Chocolate Truffles
These easy peasy eggnog white chocolate truffles are the perfect holiday treat! They are not too sweet with the perfect hint of eggnog and cinnamon to really bring the holiday flavour.
The texture is smooth like velvet; super creamy and melts away in your mouth. I like to sprinkle in a bit of cinnamon in the white chocolate before dipping the truffles which is SO tasty!
These are the perfect make ahead treat as they need some time to hang in the freezer and I actually prefer to serve them frozen or chilled. No one likes sticky chocolate fingers!
Enjoy these perfect one bite holiday treats :)
- 1 dozen
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 30 Minutes
- Finely crush cookies in food processor or place cookies in plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Next add in cream cheese and eggnog. If using a food processor, pulse until everything has been fully incorporated and mixture is smooth. If using mixing bowl and spoon, stir until no lumps or bumps remain in your mixture.
- Line cookie sheet with tin foil. Begin to roll cookie mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball. Place on the cookie sheet once rolled. Place truffles in the freezer until set; about 1 hour.
- Once set, melt chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl on high in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until no lumps or bumps remain and chocolate is smooth. Stir in cinnamon and set aside.
- Take chilled truffles out of the freezer. Place them on at a time in the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to cover the Oreo balls and remove with a fork; shaking them off to remove any excess chocolate.Place back onto your lined tray and decorate as you wish!
- Once you have finished, place tray back into the freezer to set (about 10 minutes). These can be enjoyed right away or stored in a freezer safe container for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go