These Pocky sticks are my daughter's favorite so i tried to bake these at home. I thought they would be so difficult to make but trust me they are super easy to make. You don't need any special ingredient. You can make these with simple ingredients you already have at home.
Chocolate Pocky (Chocolate Sticks ) Recipe
These crunchy cookie sticks are inspired by Pocky Machine made Japanese treat. It's a tiny bread stick coated with chocolate of your choice.
They are super easy to make and perfect for quick treat/snack. I prepared the dough using hands but you can always use food processor. It makes your work even faster and easier.
Here i prepared the sticks by dipping them in dark chocolate you can use any chocolate you like(Milk/Dark). You can also try to make it more fun by adding different food colors to white chocolate for kids birthday parties/ kids treat.
Same with the toppings here i used crushed almonds and rainbow sprinkles. You can try different kind of crushed nuts or different sprinkles or even cookie/ Oreo crumbs.
You can store these in a air tight container for around 2 weeks at room temperature.
Here is a video tutorial of this recipe. Give this recipe a try and let me know in the comments below if you have any query. I would be happy to help you.
- 32 Sticks
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
For the dough to prepare the sticks
For Chocolate Coating
To prepare the dough
- First preheat the oven to 340F or 170C. And from 1/2 cup of flour keep 1 tbsp aside for dusting.
- In a bowl place a sieve. Add 7 tbsp all purpose flour+ 1 tbsp cornflour and sift well. Then add sugar and salt and mix together well.
- Then add cold butter(Hard) cut into pieces and crumble using hands and mix with the flour mixture.
- When butter is crumbled well and mixed with flour nicely add milk and form sticky dough. You can use spatula to form a dough. Or use food processor to make things faster and easier.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours in the fridge and then by dusting some of the remaining flour roll the dough 1/4 inch or 0.5cm thick.
- Then cut off the side. You will get 4x4 inch square. Cut into 0.5cm or 1/4 inch thin stick . You will get around 20 sticks.
- Then using cutoff sides prepare rest of the sticks. You will get total(32-35) sticks.
- Place all the sticks on baking tray lined with parchment paper , straighten them out and place 1-2 inch apart and bake them at 340F or 170C for 12-15 minutes or until light tinged with brown.
- Then once they are cooled off dip them in melted chocolate of your choice and coat with crushed almonds or sprinkles. and let them set at room temperature.