Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Have no fear, 🥬 wraps are here!
Looking for something light, yet super flavourful? These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps make a quick and healthy dinner that tastes absolutely delicious. They are super simple to make, and as long as you have your staples, can be made with just about any veggies on hand. We particularly always like to add water chestnuts as they add a necessary crunch to the dish. What's even better is that you can make these appetizer sized and serve them for a fantastic Asian tapas night.
Anyway you make these, you will be thankful for their flavours. Just don't skimp on the aromatics!
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
For the lettuce wrap & filling
For the sauce
- Wash lettuce: Wash and dry lettuce leaves. Be gentle so that they don't rip!
- Chop all veggies: ginger, garlic, green onion, onion, red pepper, carrot, and mushroom.
- Make the sauce: Whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil
- Cook the chicken: In a large saute pan, heat 3 tbsp of oil on high. Add in chicken, break up and cook until browned. Transfer to a plate/bowl.
- Cook the veggies: Add in another tbsp of oil. Cook the diced onion for 2-3 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and green onion and cook until fragrant. Next, add the carrots and peppers. Cook until almost tender. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes more.
- Finish the filling: Add back in cooked chicken, diced water chestnuts, and sauce. Stir to combine.
- Fill lettuce wraps: Fill lettuce wraps with a few heaping tablespoons of filling. Garnish with peanuts, green onion and drizzle of sriracha/hoisin