I made mine with vanilla flavoured oat milk, but feel free to make it with dairy milk, almond milk or soy milk. I sweeten mine with honey, otherwise there is no added sugar in the drink.
Oat Chai Tea Latte
It's that time of the year, where it feels so nice to escape the cold and have a a hot cup of tea. My all time favourite seasonal drink is an oat milk chai tea latte. It is so simple to make at home, and its all the coziness you could ever need in a cup!
My favourite topping is ground cinnamon which I sprinkle on top of the foam. The cinnamon and spices are simply delightful.
This recipe makes a single chai tea latte, you can double (or increase the quantity) of this recipe if you're making several drinks for yourself or guests.
- 1 latte
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
- On your stovetop, boil the 1/2 cup of water in a small pot.
- Once boiling, remove the water from heat and add in the two tea bags to steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Once steeped, remove the tea bags from the pot.
- Add your milk base to the pot and heat until boiling.
- Add in the honey and stir.
- Pour into cup and top with ground cinnamon.
- If you have a frother, you may wish to froth your drink after step 5.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go