Learn how to make this super easy French Toast recipe at home with very few ingredients that you most likely have in your house already. They're as good as pancakes but even easier to make.
French toast is very easy and simple to make. It only takes few steps and common ingredients and you get this really nice breakfast at home. They’re perfect for those days where you want something a little fancier for breakfast but don’t feel like going out or spending time making a batter.
This French Toast recipe is not sweet and has a great balance of flavors and spices. Top it off with some berries, maple syrup, whipped cream and/or icing sugar and enjoy it for an amazing breakfast!
Feel free to watch my youtube video to help you make these delicious pieces for breakfast and let me know what you think in the comment section below!
- 6 Slices
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Place the bread slices on a tray and leave uncovered overnight to dry out. If you forget or don't have time to do this step, simply turn the oven on the lowest setting and bake the bread for about 5mins, until there is a light crust around it. Then flip all the slices and bake it for another 5mins. It should have a little crusty skin around the bread but the middle should still be soft.
- In a bowl, place all the remaining ingredients and beat it together.
- Pre heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, pick up a slice of the bread and quickly dip it into the egg mixture, until it is fully covered, and place it in the pan. Repeat the same process with all the slices. Cook it until it is golden brown and then flip it and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Once both sides are golden brown, remove it from the pan and plate it. Cover it in your favorite toppings or eat it as is!
- Don't let the bread soak up too much moisture when you dip it in the egg mixture. Just dip it enough to fully coat it.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go