Venison Loin Steak and Fries
I made this on one of those days where I didn't know what I was going to make for dinner, didn't have the right ingredients for what I first decided on, and then the pivot turned out way better than what I was wanting in the first place.
I took a dive into our deep freezer, and decided to play with some loin chops - something I don't usually cook!
If you have some venison loin chops, you'll want to make this. I'm so used to always eating backstraps, tenderloins, and random deer steaks, that I totally underestimated the loin chops, and I am newly hooked! I'll for sure be requesting these cuts from the hubs’ harvest next year! ⠀
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix 1 c olive oil, garlic, 1 tbsp. oregano, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, and 1 tbsp. lemon juice in a bowl, and use it as a marinade for your chops.
- Once covered with the mixture, let your chops marinate for about 20-30 mins.
- While the chops are marinating, mix the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper, and oregano.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, spread out your fries on the pan, and drizzle the olive oil mixture over the fries.
- Toss to coat. Cook for 20 mins flipping halfway, and then remove from the oven (don't turn off the oven!).
- After the chops are finished marinating, heat n oven-safe pan on high heat (preferably a cast iron - get it hot!).
- Sear the chops for about 1 minute on each side, and then place the pan in the oven for about 5-7 mins.
- Once done, remove from the oven, and serve with the fries!⠀
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go