Cherry Almond Cake
Egg Free Cherry Almond Cake
There are two home baked cake lovers in my family - my son and my husband, so there is always enough baking supplies in my pantry. Well I am not an expert and whatever baking knowledge I have, I have accumulated it over time. The process has been full of trials and errors.
Few days back I decided to bake this cherry almond cake with whatever ingredients was available at home. Hubby loved it and kept asking what was it made of? Well it was just my regular egg free cake recipe. I just added maraschino cherries and sliced almonds in it. I wish I had more cherries to decorate its top.
Almonds make the texture crunchy
Dust with icing sugar if you want
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 70 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 25 Minutes
- Preheat oven at 360 F. Grease a baking dish.
- Mix dry ingredients, except sugar. Set aside.
- Blend butter, sugar and flax egg together.
- Add vanilla extract, yogurt, milk and blend.
- Add half the dry ingredients and mix. Add another half and blend properly.
- Stir in cherries and almonds.
- Transfer batter into baking dish. Put some sliced almonds on its top.
- Bake for 60-70 mins.
- Enjoy your Cake.
- You can use one large egg instead of flax egg.
- To make flax meal, grind flax seed in a food processor.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go