All those yummy green toppings!
Ultimate Southwest Green Pepper Soup (Pepper/Tomatillo/Poblano/Hatch)
This is the ultimate lean, mean, fiery, green soup. I created this recipe as I was staring at a lot of green produce one day, unsure what to make. What came out is a savory, spicy, earthy, and healthy soup sure to beat any winter blues away!
My favorite part about this soup is that you can modify it to your tastes. If you don't like heat, you can omit some of the fiery hatch peppers. If you are seeking MORE heat, add some jalapeños! Change up the toppings and enjoy your creation. This soup has the best flavor and you will be surprised as this becomes a regular in your family's meal rotation!
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 25 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 25 Minutes
Green Pepper Soup
Green Pepper Soup
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Roast bell peppers, tomatillos, and poblanos on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for a total of 40 minutes, turn peppers every 10 minutes. Remove tomatillos after 20 total minutes of roasting, keeping the bell peppers and poblanos to roast for full 40 minutes.
- Let peppers cool, peel skins off.
- While peppers are cooling, sauté onions, garlic, and spices in a bit of oil in large saucepan (which will hold the soup).
- Add peeled peppers, tomatillos, can hatch chiles, and chicken stock to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and use immersion blender to puree everything in the pot.
- Prepare toppings of your choice during the cooking time to top your pureed green soup. Enjoy!
- This soup can be adapted and changed into anything you would like. I would keep the base as close as you can, but you can add more or less heat, spices, etc. Change up the toppings as well!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go