Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
Have you ever craved a piece of cake but had no desire to go through all the work for just a few bites? I find myself in this dilemma quite often! Plus, I’m a bigger fan of cookies than I am cake! So, I’m here to solve this problem for all my carrot cake lovers. I’m excited to share with you my “Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting” 🥕🍰 These cookies are so flavorful especially with that decadent cream cheese frosting. I can’t help but sink my teeth into them and wash down the tasty goodness with a cold glass of milk!
- 10 Cookies
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 17 Minutes|Total time: 32 Minutes
Carrot Cake Cookie Ingredients
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract. Gradually add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Don’t over-mix. Stir in the carrots and raisins.
- Chill the batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a large cookie scoop and place dough balls 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for about 12-17 minutes (dependent on your oven) or until edges are lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, use a hand mixer to cream together the cream cheese and butter for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract and salt. Gradually add in the powdered sugar until fully combined.
- Use a piping bag or spoon to add a thick layer of frosting to the back of one cookie. Place a non-frosted cookie on top to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies.