The days are getting colder and all I want to eat is warm comforting food, but I do not always have to time. This quiche is perfect for that!
Super Easy Mushroom and Bell Pepper Quiche
I had mushrooms and bell peppers in the fridge , but honestly it works with anything. Carrots, broccoli, zucchini and more.
First I chopped the onion and garlic. Whilst it was on the stove I cut the veggies.
When it was getting a bit brownish, I added the spices. I usually add oregano, turmeric, paprika and Black pepper.
After less than two minutes I added the mushrooms in and covered it with the lid.
I let it sit for about a minute, maybe two,
before adding the bell peppers in. Then, I closed the lid and made the dough.
I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl using a fork,
And grated cheddar cheese into the bowl. I removed the pot from the stove and let it cool down.
Once it was cold enough I mixed it all.
Usually, at this point, if I have the time, I would decorate the top part and create a pattern of a sort.
As I did not, I just placed it in a pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes.
Until I stabbed it with a fork and it came out clean, meaning it was ready to be consumed.
- 1 quiche
- Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 25 Minutes Total time: 35 min
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 big onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 1 tbs yoghurt
- Optional: 4 tbs of grated cheddar cheese
- Chop the onion and garlic
- heat it in a pot on the stove
- add spices
- chop the veggies
- add it to the pot and close the lid
- mix all ingredients in a bowl
- pre-heat oven to 365 degrees
- add the veggies to the bowl when it is semi-cold
- transfer the content to a baking tray
- bake for 25 minutes
- If you have the time, decorate the top before placing in the oven
- If you don't have mushrooms/bell peppers, it could work with carrots, broccoli, zucchini... whatever you have in your fridge.