My cranberry apple homemade sauce is always a big hit fit meats! It provides a great combination of sweet and bitter.
3 Ways to Use Cranberries This Holiday Season
I am a big fan of cranberries and love using them around the holidays! In fact the only cranberries I DON'T like are the canned glob that so many people serve around Thanksgiving. Here are 3 different recipes using cranberries!
Start by peeling and cubing 2 apples.
In the mean time, add a bag of cranberries and a cup of apple cider to a medium sized pot on low heat. (apple juice will work as well) I usually like to add 1/4 cup of maple syrup at this part.
Add the apples and squeeze half a lemon.
Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
Put in a jar and cool for an hour.
Me second cranberry concoction is a spread that goes well with crackers or in a drink, the possibilities are endless!
Use a food processor or blender with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup water and blend till smooth.
This also goes well in a holiday beverage!
I also like blending this with half a jalapeno and pouring it on cream cheese to be served with crackers.
- 10 sides
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- add all ingredients into a medium pot and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes
- cool in the fridge for 1 hour then serve
- put all ingredients in a blender or food processor
- serve over cream cheese or with crackers or in a drink!