Mini tortillas cut from the larger tortillas.
Mini Pumpkin Pie Tacos (Gluten Free + Vegan)
How cute are these little guys!? I just think they are the cutest little bites!
The holidays are looking different this year, and because of that I know a number of people who are either celebrating “small” and need alternative small batch recipes, or just want something a little different & fun. Well, this little treat is a great option for either! Pumpkin flavored (so automatically yummy) crunchy, sweet and simply delicious! And I repeat, they are TINY tacos - so they are stinkin’ cute!
Although this is a small batch recipe and only makes 6 servings, I think they would be perfect for a big party too! Imagine a table of mini dessert tacos!? That sounds pretty wonderful to me.
A few notes about the recipe - I'm gluten free and dairy free and also like to keep my recipes low in sugar, so for that reason I use alternative ingredients. If you don't have any dietary restrictions, you can definitely sub out some of the ingredients:
- I used sweet potato tortillas, but you can use whatever type of tortilla you prefer (corn, flour, cassava flour etc).
- I used golden monkfruit sugar, but you can use coconut sugar or regular sugar.
- I used coconut whipped cream (dairy free), but you can use regular dairy whipped cream!
Also for the tortillas, we are cutting mini circles out of a larger tortilla. Therefore, the amount of tortillas needed will depend on the size of the tortilla you are starting with. For example, if you are using smaller 6" tortillas, you might only be able to cut out 2 mini circles from one 6" tortilla; so you would need three 6" tortillas. However, if you are using larger 10" tortillas, then you will probably be able to cut out 3 mini tortillas from one 10" tortilla ; meaning you would only need two 10" tortillas.
Hope you enjoy and that these delicious bites put a smile on your face!
Step 4 Visual: Flip a muffin tin upside down, and gently pop the tortillas in between the muffin tins, so that they cook into a taco shape.
The filling before it's all mixed together!
The taco shells after they've been baked!
- 6 Tacos
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other, and using a biscuit cutter (or a glass and knife) cut circles out of the tortillas.
- Microwave the 6 mini tortillas for 20 seconds so they soften.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down, and gently pop the tortillas in between the muffin tins, so that they cook into a taco shape. Refer to the images above for a visual. Cook for about 5 mins, or until that are starting to turn golden brown.
- While they are cooking, make the filling! Dump the pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla and spices into a bowl, and mix mix mix it up!
- Once the 5 minutes are up for the shells, let them cool for a minute or two before filling.
- To assemble, pop a little of the pumpkin mixture into the taco shell, add a dollop of coconut whipped cream and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- TAKE A BITE and fall in love with the crunchy gooooodness! Share with yourself and your loved ones!
- If you don't have a muffin tin, you can drape the tortillas over the oven rack in order to cook them into a taco shape.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go