Beautiful and delicious apple cake!
Delicious and Easy Apple Cake Recipe
This is a very easy apple cake recipe that has become a staple dessert at home. It takes just 1 hour to prepare and it is great to accompany your coffee / tea or as a dessert. You can also serve it warm and add a scoop of your favourite ice cream on top ! Heaven!!!
My son absolutely adores it ! He insisted to take it to the Bake Sale at school where it was a great success :)
The recipe shared is vegan but for the non vegan recipe you just have to change the following ingredients :
Vegan butter by normal butter
Vegan eggs by normal eggs
I hope you enjoy it! Please visit and follow my instagram profile for more delicious recipes: https://www.instagram.com/cynthia_homemade
Happy baking !
Serves 8 slices
Serve warm and add a scoop of ice cream :)
- 8 Slices
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a round cake tin (26-28 cms) and set aside.
- Cut apples in quarters and remove core and seeds. With a sharp knife, make parallel incisions on the outside of the apple, cutting down but taking care not to cut completely through. Set apple quarters aside.
- Place vegan butter and egg replacement, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Pour mixture into cake tin and spread evenly. Place reserved apple quarters on top, one next to each other, with incisions facing up.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (180 C) until a skewer inserted in the centre of cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in tin for approx.10 mins before transferring to a serving plate. Dust top of cake with icing sugar before serving.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go