So delicious and comforting!
Best Soup Ever! Shiitake Mushrooms, Pak Choi and Herb Tofu
I love this soup ! It is super easy to prepare and the result is a delicious comforting and tasty soup that will leave you more than satisfied! Perfect for the colder seasons but also great for the rest of the year - my family loves it so much that we have it several times during the year !
The recipe includes a lot of delicious spices and sauces and chili or cayenne pepper. If you are going to be cooking for the family , I would suggest to skip the cayenne pepper or the chili, so the children can enjoy it without a problem .
I hope you enjoy it! It is absolutely delicious . Please visit and follow my instagram profile for more delicious recipes: https://www.instagram.com/cynthia_homemade
Happy cooking !
Great to accompany with some green tea :)
It presents itself beautifully
- 4 Portions
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 35 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Boil 250 grs of water. Pour the water in a bowl and add the dried shiitake mushrooms. Leave it to hydrate for 20mins.
- Once the dried mushrooms are hydrated grab a soup pot and put the garlic, ginger and oil, and sauté for 3 mins (medium heat).
- Add the fresh shiitake mushrooms, the hydrated shiitake mushrooms ( or the mix of mushrooms suggested), the vegetable stock cubes, tamari sauce, brown rice vinegar, cayenne pepper, Chinese five-spice, the tofu, and the water. Cover the pot and simmer at medium-high heat for 18 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a wok or pot, heat some water and place a steaming basket/tray in the wok/pot (the water should not touch the base). When the water boils, add the pak choi put the lid on the basket/tray and steam for 3-5 minutes until the pak choi is tender and wilted.
- When the mushrooms have finished cooking, add the noodles to the pot and cook as recommended in the pack. Stir occasionally
- Transfer to serving bowls, place the pak Choi and sprinkle with spring onions and the slices of chilli (optional)
- If don’t like spicy food , avoid adding the chili or the cayenne pepper
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go