Matcha - Green Tea and White Chocolate Cookies
Matcha, a super fine powder made from specially grown green tea leaves, is a flavour that has infiltrated the various domains of desserts from ice cream to mille crepes, tiramisu, lava cakes...
This time we're looking at cookies, in particular the harmonic pairing of white chocolate and matcha.
The white chocolate helps to mellow out a little bit of the matcha flavour, complementing the earthy, bitter tea taste with creamy sweetness.
The cookie itself is like a butter cookie, which can probably be guessed from how well the cookie holds its shape even after being baked. These matcha delights are perfect as a gift!
For more recipe ideas please visit my IG: olivia_homecook
- 60 Cookies
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 60 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 20 Minutes
- Beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy, reduce the speed and add the egg yolk one by one, beat for another 30 seconds
- Fold in sifted flour, matcha and salt, mixed it. Then add the chocolate chips.
- Split the dough into two and roll into square shape, wrap with aluminum foil or cling wrap and keep refrigerated for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F or 175°C. Prepare the baking trays lined with baking sheet.
- Take out the cookie dough from the fridge and slice it about ⅓ inches or 7mm and place it onto the tray and bake it for about 15 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and let the cookies rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.